Friday, November 23, 2012

Rachiepalooza's Wedding!



This spring, I got a unique opportunity to shop for whatever flowers struck my fancy and arrange them in any crazy way I chose... that's right, I created the flowers for my own wedding!

While I'm not sure if I would recommend "DIY" flowers to another florist, I'm absolutely so glad I did! I had a crazy vision for my flowers & couldn't find a single photo or similar inspiration to help communicate what I wanted, so I knew the only way to get my dream flowers would be creating them myself. I was able to spend some quality time with my mom & mother-in-law, who helped me process flowers for hours. The night before the wedding, my bridesmaids kept me sane as I finished up all the boutonnieres and corsages (many many thanks to J, who did the un-glamorous prep work for 20-something personal flowers. I have the best best-friends!)

Super-saturated colors and unusual blooms, including "heart" roses (the petals form a heart shape in the center of the flower), red aranthera orchids, blue and aubergine anemones, fragrant purple sweet peas, and purplish agonis foliage.


Our church home, Wooddale, holds around 2,000 people and is home to the 47th largest pipe organ in the USA. How do you decorate a larger-than-life church? With huge floral sprays attached to an "arch" of red-twig dogwood cut at my parents farm! (How do you get these huge pieces from farm to church? A friend's motorcycle trailer, of course!)

 
Final touches on the bridal bouquet before getting dressed.

More photos coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment