Friday, December 10, 2010

Twin Cities Wedding Professionals' holiday party!

I promise there's more bouquet posts in the pipeline, but I just had to take a break and say something about the AMAZING event I attended Weds night!

I've been stalking the Twin Cities Wedding Professionals group for a while now, and decided to take the plunge and attend their holiday party. The day leading up to it didn't go quiiiiite as I'd planned (it was one of those days, guys... example: left business cards at home in Rochester, tried to print some ghetto-style at Dave's instead of eating dinner, jammed his printer beyond repair, snapped at him despite his patience trying to help me, went to event with a total of nine business cards. Nine. This was not my only frustrating episode, either!) but once I finally got there... I'm still trying to figure out how to describe the event and the amazing group that produced it! Everyone was SO welcoming and I can't wait for next month's event & getting to know them better.

Among the vendors I was able to chat with that evening:
  • Dale and his fabulous Memory Box photobooth... My date Rachel and I had a rough first turn in the booth, but I'm looking forward to seeing how our subsequent attempts turned out in his online gallery!
  • Dean of Night Magic Productions was kind enough to give me a quick "who's who" of the group... and put up with my dancing skillz!
  • Emily of Mintahoe events and Lori from Veiled events put me to work packing up linens after the event (okay okay, I volunteered! It was the least I could do after they threw such an incredible party!)
  • Matthew of Complete Music & Video gave me a quick history of the group he founded.
  • Chris of BBj linens spent quite a while talking to me about the Twin Cities market, the TCWP group, and everything under the sun! She gave me the names of a few people in Apple Valley to contact, and I'm looking forward to talking to her soon about Rochester venues that are in need of her services.
  • Jennifer of Jennifer Whalen Photography captured the night and posted it all on her blog... and managed to make my dorky dance moves almost look okay! (Let's be honest, if she can do that... she is a magician.)

The whole night was a wonderful showcase of what some of the Twin Cities' most talented wedding vendors can do together. I'm so excited to get to know them better next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment