Saturday, January 1, 2011

Luke & Macai - August 2010

I was so blessed to be able to go visit my Michigan "family" this past week - as the saying goes, friends are the family you get to choose :) and the time I spent with my dear chosen family was priceless.
I realized today that I forgot to show off last summer's big wedding - both to them, and you!

On August 14, my home church came together to celebrate the marriage of our pastors' children... that's right, plural! Macai (daughter of our outreach pastor) and Luke (son of our former senior pastor) invited the entire church to witness their vows and dance the night away. It was an incredibly touching ceremony with both pastor dads officiating, and behind the scenes it was amazing to see the way people came out of the woodwork to help make Luke & Macai's day a fairytale. As you can imagine, a wedding with an open guest list presents some unique challenges (floral centerpieces on a budget for 700 people, anyone?) but the entire church came together to execute it beautifully.

My childhood friend Colin Cabalka happens to be one of the most talented wedding videographers I'll ever have the opportunity to work with. (We've come a long way from the snowboarding hooligans that terrorized the local slopes on weekends!) He captured Luke & Macai's day from beginning to end, and put together the most incredible video that wraps it all up in just a few minutes and ties it together with a sweet bow. Check it out!

Luke and Macai | Letters of Love from Colin Cabalka on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment