Monday, April 25, 2011

Meet this summer's couples!

Dave reminded me recently that I NEED to update my blog... he's 100% right!
I've been spending much of this winter/spring helping him build his house - check out icfbuild.blogspot.com to check our progress.  When I'm not tiling or assembling cabinets in the wrong order, though, I'm preparing for this summer's events. I am SO excited about allllll my lovely brides and their beautiful weddings! Here's a sampler...

B&H, a couple who met later in life are planning a gorgeous smaller wedding at one of my favorite paces in the world - Welch Village (okay, okay, it's only one of my favorites when it's snowing, but I'm super excited to see how it transforms into a beautiful wedding venue). We'll be using a striking combination of yellow tulips and royal blue delphinium for the elegant personal flowers, and then giving a nod to their bright, fun personalities (he's a kids pastor!) with vibrant crazy daisies in a rainbow of neon colors for the reception!

B&A, a friend God delivered to me in some very unlikely circumstances and the love of her life met each other as college lab partners. We're using a combination of romantic, fluffy Minnesota-grown peonies and a splash of modern, fresh bright green hypericum. Table centerpieces follow one of my favorite trends (it's been around long enough that I'm not really sure this should be called a trend, actually?) and incorporate Granny Smith apples. I've been thinking about this wedding for probably two years now (oh come on girls, you've thought about friends weddings wayyyy too much too, admit it!) and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. Oh yes, for this wedding... I'll be a bridesmaid, as well as the florist! Potential for disaster: high. Lets hope all my advance planning does its job!

C&S went to high school together, but didn't have much in common until God brought them together years later. The bride chose a gorgeous but nontraditional dress, and we're taking our style cues from it! Their wedding in my hometown will use a natural mix of cream, buttery yellow, and sage green tones while staying as fluffy as flowers can get. Stay tuned this summer for pictures of the oh-so-cute dessert centerpieces, with a little floral touch.

S&B will have been dating 7 (that's S E V E N!) years when they tie the knot this summer. They're an incredible example of loving each other "for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health" and their hope and grace is astounding. B has a particularly nasty brand of cancer - prayer warriors, do your thing! Their outdoor ceremony on the shores of Gull Lake will use saturated oranges and purples, including calla lilies and Gerbera daisies.  I'm secretly a little jealous... so far this event is sounding like my secret dream wedding! I'm looking forward to living vicariously through these two :)

K&W met after more frustrations than one girl should have to endure, relationship-wise, and it's obvious their coupling was more than worth the wait! The mister is my most involved groom this year (in fact, I think he's the only groom I've heard discuss flowers?) and I'm looking forward to the challenge of getting creative within a smaller budget (no, I'm not being sarcastic - I love it!). We're using royal blues (so you know delphinium is making an appearance!) and bright oranges. In addition to being a FANTASTIC contrasting color scheme, blue&orange makes me feel right at home... goooooo Flying Dutchmen!

There you have it - a sampling of my next 6 months. With clients and events like this... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment