Thursday, January 27, 2011

January housekeeping... AKA no, I have not fallen off the face of the earth.

I know I've been absent for a while, but I'm cooking up some posts on planning & budget that I hope will be really helpful for you guys.  I've got 2047 irons in the fire these days - classes, planning for this summer's weddings, and helping the boy build his new house! Be patient just a bit longer, or email me if you want to see my work-in-progress :)

Most of my work in the last couple months has been sympathy arrangements, so no pictures... I know, I'll have to get over this at some point, but for now blogging about these personal tributes is just too weird. Strangely enough I really do like sympathy work, especially when I'm given special requests. I love the challenge of representing a person or a relationship using nothing but flowers, color, shape, and the occasional ribbon. Being a florist is a unique occupation in that we see the heights of human emotion (joy on a wedding day, tears at the loss of a loved one, excitement of a new dad) more often than most, and it never ceases to make me feel thankful to be alive.

Last but not least, a plug for a venue -
FINALLY, an event space in Rochester with some character. Brides, if your guest list totals less than 100, check out Studio 324. I can't wait to decorate this space! Wood floors, brick walls, high ceilings... I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment